Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fun with the Girls in California!!!!

We decided that the girls needed a get-a-way trip so my mom, Diana, Jenny (my best friend) and Loralee (Diana's mother-in-law) and I headed off to L.A. We got there very early so we went to the L.A. temple and shopped during the day and then that night it was off to see "Wicked" the broadway play. It was so good!!!!!! If you haven't seen it I highly reccomend it to everyone. It's coming to Utah in April and I'm going to try and get tickets to take Josh and the kids to go see it again. It's that good! I also highly suggest a girls get-away to everyone, every once in a while. It was just fun to shop, talk and laugh a lot! Here's a picture of us before the play. In case you're wondering, the people are from left to right: Natasha (my cousin David's wife), Katie my cousin, me, Jenny, my Aunt Annette, Diana, Loralee, my mom and my cousin Laura.



We hadn't planned to go to Disneyland but when we all thought about how fun it would be to not drag whining kids around with us all day, it just sounded to tempting and fun so we decided to go. We went on September 11th and it wasn't crowded at all. We got on all the rides without any lines. I did miss my kids when I was riding on some of the kid rides so it was fun to have my cousins daughter Jane with us. I got to ride on the tea cups with her. This was my favorite ride when I was a kid!




Me and mom on the carousel.


We also did the Hollywood thing. We went to see Graumans Chinese Theater and took a tour of the city. I love to do these tours in the hopes that I'll get to see someone famous. Our tour guide Thomas kept telling us to keep our eyes out for a celebrity because he saw a lot of them out last week but of course we didn't see any. I think that them telling you this is part of their script. It was still fun!!! Some of the houses that we saw were Richard Simmons, Dr. Phil, Angelina Jolie's, and my favorite Lucille Ball's.





Some of us were way to tired from the late nights and lack of sleep!! This is Diana and her mother-in-law Loralee. She has been a care taker for her father for the past few years and has been in much need of a vacation. She is so fun and I enjoyed getting to know her better on this trip!



We flew into Vegas to see Kennedy get baptized. Nena don't kill me for putting this picture on--she wanted me to wait and take it after they were all ready but I forgot to get the camera back out. They look cute!!!! Congratulations Kennedy--we're so proud of you and your decision to be baptized!!!!



After we went to church with Landon and Nena we decided to hit the strip before we got on the plane home. After realizing there isn't much to do for married mormon girls on the Sabbath day in Las Vegas (I know--Sunday and Vegas don't go together at all:) we decided to go to the the M&M and Coke stores. We checked out the 3D movie and then sat in the Coke store and drank our drinks and talked and laughed some more. It was fun to just relax and have some girl talk!!!




The day after I got home from the trip Gracie had another accident. I had turned on my flat iron and walked away while talking on the phone (I know--BAD MOM) and the next thing I knew she was screaming. I guess she had opened one of the drawers and there wasn't enough cord for the pull and it came down on her arm. I took her to the doctor and he said she has 2nd and 3rd degree burns. He gave me some tips on how to avoid heavy scaring so hopefully it will work!!! Here are some pictures of her cute cast they put on it and the scar itself. I feel so bad!!!!!!!!!


4 comments:

feliscrazylife said...

Your trip looked like lots of fun, very eventful. Your right women should at least go on one every six months;) And my poor Gracie! We had so much fun with her at her house. I loved it when she would bring something to show me and say "Wook".

Elicia said...

That is so sad about Gracie.
Your trip looks great though! I love girl's trips! I'm also glad you got to see Wicked in LA - sometimes the traveling companies just aren't as good. Who played Glinda when you went?

Steve and Jen said...

It looks like your trip was so much fun. I would love to have some kind of a getaway from my life right now. You guys need to take a family trip and come down here. It will start to cool off now, so it won't be so hot. Lion King is coming in Jan. if you are interested, I want to go see it so bad.
Sorry to hear about Gracie's arm. You always feel like the worst mom when things happen on your watch.

Shelley Eggett said...

K - No fair, next time I want an invite!! California with all girls, no kids, and no hubbies sounds heavenly. I'm super jealous - I'm serious next time you better atleast invite me.

Ellie's arm looks so sore - I need to be better about that, I always leave my flat iron on and then leave the room. Poor Girl