



I am also very grateful for a wonderful dad who I love and miss SOOOOOO much!!! My dad was such a people person and likeable guy. He had lots of friends and loved to throw parties whenever he had a chance to so he could be with them. I think I inherited my dad's love for flowers. I find the same gratification that he did when people compliment me on my yard and I love to work in it as did he. Some other traditions that I've carried on to my kids that I did with my dad are BYU football games (Matthew's so obsessed with loving BYU and hating Utes that I truely believe this is in our genes), watching every episode of I Love Lucy over and over again, no matter how many times we've seen it, vacations, bike rides, going to the movie's and lots of fun summer activities (especially fun times on the 4th of July). I think about my dad whenever I'm doing these things and wish he was still with us everyday! Elizabeth


Fathers Day is a great time of the year to remember the man that has sacrificed so much and who has always been there for his family. I have learned so much from my dad and it has helped me through my time as a father. I have learned that family comes first and to do whatever is needed to make them happy. Yes, hard times come and decisions need to be made and I am grateful to a dad who showed me that with inner strength and a lot of faith, anything is possible.
I love you dad and want you to know that I'm the man that I am greatly in part to you. I struggle every now and again, but you are still the rock that I look to to weather the storm. Thanks for all that you have given to me and for being a great dad! Josh

I also took the kids to see Grandpa Larsen yesterday to wish him a Happy Father's Day. We looked through his book of rememberance and I was amazed at how much he could recall about all the pictures and the stories that went with them. He told us stories about his childhood, the war and being married to my Grandma. He may look a little feeble but he sure still has his mind. I asked him if I could take a picture of him with the kids and he said it was too hard for him to get a shirt on so we just compromised and put on a tie. I thought it was a pretty cute picture even with Gracie crying.
2 comments:
The picture of you kissing Dad looks just like Zach. Cute pictue.
What a great blog! I think that you look like Zach too; but I could also see your girls in the picture. I so remember your dad with the longer hair and moustache. (Did you ever hear that they wouldn't let him register at BYU one fall until he cut it. I was there. It was pretty funny!) I also remember the hot pink/maroon tie. He wore it with a dark pink and grey checked suit. Soooooo "groovy" back in the day!
Post a Comment