Saturday, May 17, 2008

Planting Flowers

I spent the weekend planting my flowers. It's been such nice weather and they say you're safe in planting them if you wait until after Mother's Day so I'll be crossing my fingers it doesn't freeze. One year I planted them about this time and we got a cold wave of freezing temperatures. I remember, me, my Mom and Josh outside covering the flowers with sheets. It was a BIG pain and I don't want to have to do that again. I planted Petunia's that are hot pink, white, and hot pink and white striped. I also planted some Lobelia and a tall flower called Stock. I will post more pictures later in the summer when they're blooming big and pretty! Also below is a beautiful flower pot that Josh's mom gave me for Mother's Day. I love it. Thanks Ann!!!!







4 comments:

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

I love flowers! We went shopping this weekend but I haven't had time to get them planted yet. Gardening is really a relaxing hobby for me!! Hope it is for you too!

Mel & Annette said...

Well we all know that you're your father's daughter. Some of the petunias that we planted after we left your mom's house last weekend are struggling. Most of them look pretty good though. Our big project is our patio and front porch now. xoxox

Layton family said...

Oh, how fun all that yard work. We have been doing a lot in our porch sized backyard too. I noticed that gracie wanted in on all those pics with Ellie. When are you guys coming out to Cali next. The rest of your family comes out but keeps it secret.. but there are no secrets with this blogging stuff!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Your yard looks great. I just wanted to send a little note and say Happy Birthday today (June, 1) 30 is gonna be awesome!