We spent last night at P.C.'s Hospital with Gracie. Yesterday morning Matthew was trying to be a helper by taking Gracie for a walk in the wagon while I finished getting ready. Well according to him, he was having her stand up to make one of her HSM poses for one of the neighbor's so they could take a picture and she was standing on the part that you sit on in the wagon and he thought she had sat down so he started to pull her and she fell out and smacked her head on the cement. He said, "Mom it was a very loud cracking noise." By the time he had carried her home to me she wasn't really crying anymore just sort of lathargic and saying I want to go to sleep over and over. Well not knowing if she was bad enough to take in, we waited it out through the day and when we were out to eat with the family she threw up all over and then continued to throw up 2 more times. They all told me to take her to the hospital immediately because this was one of the signs of head trauma. We found out that she had fractured the back of her skull and had gotten a concussion. The doctor's said that the CT scan showed a pretty bad crack on her skull and that it would take at least six weeks to heal. She also said that you don't mess with head injuries and should always have them checked no matter how big or little the fall is, so I thought that I'd share that with all of you. I just happened to have my camera with me because I was going to take some pictures of my mom with her sister's at dinner so instead I snapped these of Gracie laying on the hospital bed. I told her she was looking too happy for having a head injury so she stuck her tongue out in the last picture :) Notice the cute pajama bottoms she has on. They gave her these because she had thrown up all over the clothes we brought her in. I love P.C.'s Hospital!!! They are so good with kids!!!!!


7 comments:
That is so scary. We are glad that eveything is ok. Too bad Josh's Dr. best friend wasn't there to tell him to take her to the hospital (J/K).
I am so sorry that you had to head to the hospital!! No fun! BUt glad that she is A-okay! Gracie looks like she is having a ball, though! What a sweetheart! I will see you guys soon at Alyssa's shower!
Liz - you are amazing! You said yes to taking my Primary class on Sunday and I had no idea you had a little owie at home. Thank you. I hope Gracie feels better and that your family has no more accidents - only ones that a kiss and band aide can heal.
What the crap!! That is so scary -I'm glad that you took her in, and that she's o.k.
You guys have really had issues haven't you :)
Gracie is one durable little girl. She's like the Ever Ready Bunny. Glad she's ok. Love you!
Man, that girl is giving you a run for your money!!! What is going on now? How is she doing?
Wow, Gracie has had a rough year. I am glad she is okay.
Post a Comment