Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break in St. George

We headed down to St. George again this year for the kids spring break. We love to escape to the warmth (even though it was much cooler this year) and the kids love to swim. We were able to take my nephew Peyton with us. It was his spring break too and his 8 1/2 month pregnant momma wasn't in the mood to travel. Here are some pictures on our first day at the pool.






I love this picture of my mom with her 3 flotation devices wrapped around her body in 3 feet of water. She is deathly afraid of swimming. I had just pulled her out into the deep part and she had a panic attack. Because of this, she made sure all of us kids took swimming lessons, now it's our turn to return the favor.





The kids got some kites from the Easter Bunny so we took them with us and decided to go fly them for family night while we down there. Josh got all four kites up in the smallest amount of wind. The kids had a great time flying them.







We even got Mom out there flying a kite.



After flying kites we wanted to go to the St. George temple and take some pictures. Josh got these beautiful shots right as it was getting dark. I asked Mom to get a picture of our family and as you can see it's a bit crooked. Picture after picture she took was crooked, then got crookeder. We couldn't stop laughing. Finally Peyton said, "Grandma give me the camera, I can take it better than that." I'm not sure if we're at the St. George Temple or the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy.





Grandma treated us all to ice cream to finish off the night. (Maybe she was trying to make up for the horrible picture taking :) :) If you can't tell by now, I love to tease my Mom :)



Any of you who know my daughter know that she will break into a dance whenever and where ever. She usually sings HSM songs and struts her stuff. Here are some of her moves below.





It was a bit cloudier and cooler this day at the pool but we had it all to ourselves and I didn't have to spend a half hour lathering them all up in sun screen:) It was GREAT!



We took the kids to this Dinosaur Discovery Museum. Let's just say that it was a bit of a rip off and I think they were bored.



We were driving around site seeing and Josh noticed this resort that looked familiar to where they filmed High School Musical 2. We found out that it indeed was so we had to get a picture with the girls. We snuck into the gated area and decided if someone got mad at us for trespassing we'd just tell them that we had to get a picture with some of HSM's biggest fans :)




Mom loves to get us out to some of the church sites when we're on vacation. On the way home we went to the Meadows Mountain Massacre Monument and to Cove Fort. This is where Pres. Hinckley's ancestors settled. This missionary was cute with the kids and sent them home with this sharing toy. One thing I take away from these church site experiences is how incredibly lucky we are and how grateful I am for the sacrifices the pioneers made. I need to turn off the T.V. and video games more often and teach my kids the value behind work!!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Peyton had lots of fun. Thanks again for taking him along!!

Steve and Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Next time you want some warmth, you are welcome to come down and visit us. Of course we are starting to get into the time where it will be HOT. In the 5 day forcast today we are already going to be up to almost 100 next week. I am so not ready for this.

Layton family said...

Those are so cute! You guys packed in a lot during that time. I can't believe you got your mom out there in the pool, I don't think I have ever seen her swim? The Gracie dancing pictures were as cute as can be. Yes the rumors are true about me. Lets hope for a boy

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun trip! Glad you could find some warmer weather!!

Yolanda said...

Your mom sounds like an amazing mom and Grandma - how wonderful. Glad you guys had fun. Jarin missed the third 'Matt' this week.

Shelley Eggett said...

We must have just missed you. We stayed at sports village and swam in that same pool last week. We got there Wednesday night and came home on Sunday. When did you guys go? Too bad we didn't see you down there, that would have been fun. Looks like fun!