Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Fun!!!!

Every year since I can remember (ok not every year but most of them) my family will go up to the church my dad grew up in, in Midvale and attend their 4th of July breakfast. This has become a tradition that I think will last as long as my Grandpa Larsen is here with us. I know it is important to him to have us all there sharing this with him. They have games for the kids to play and it's nice to visit with extended family that we don't see very often.






After we took the kids to see WALL-E (which was really stupid--don't waste your money on it if you haven't already seen it) Phil's mom invited us over to their house for lunch. The kids always have a good time playing with Peyton's cousins which they think are their own. They even call Phil's mom and dad Grandpa and Grandma Thompson. The kids swam and then they had a little fireworks show. Thanks guys for a great time and for the invite!!!




Finally it was off to The Stadium of Fire. This has always been a fun tradition that we do every now and again on the 4th of July. My favorite part of the night is when they honor our soldiers who are fighting for us over in Iraq. It's really emotional to watch as they surprise the wives and children of some of the soldiers and let them talk with each other via satellite. Really Cool!!!!!!!!







The highlight of the night for Josh was when the jets flew over the stadium. I thought these pictures of them watching them were pretty cute!!!



The highlight of the night (atleast for Ellie) was Miley Cyrus. It was cute to hear all the little girls around us singing every word of her songs. It took me back to the days of New Kids on the Block. I'm embarassed to say that I was just like that. I remember being so obsessed with everything about them.



Gracie was so hyper during the whole program but when the fireworks started she hopped up on her dad's lap and didn't move a muscle the rest of the night. She was so scared of the fireworks and the big booms and crackles they were making. The fireworks show they put on was long and awesome. That made it worth the money in itself!!!!!


The day was a long and fun one for everyone especially Gracie who was so tired from not getting a nap and from all her dancing and boogieing during Miley's performance that she fell asleep on our way back to the car.

7 comments:

feliscrazylife said...

Very cute pictures, it sounded like a super busy day. I think I preferred mine where I actually got to sleep in and then just putz around the house for awhile :)

Steve and Jen said...

How did you get tickets for the Stadium of Fire? We tried so hard to get some. Reagan really wanted to go. Looks like you guys had a great (and busy) day. We live right by and Air Force base down here and we have jets fly over us all day long. I think it is so cool to watch them. They have and air show every few years, we'll have to tell you next time they have one, they are really cool.

Shelley Eggett said...

Look at all of you all festive in your Red White and Blue. I'm jealous you got tickets to stadium of fire. We tried but couldn't get them. Looks like a fun day!

Mel & Annette said...

Yup, the 4th is always a blast. Looks like you had fun. Guess next year we'll try the Stadium of Fire again. It's the best. Let's get tickets together.

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I'm so jealous. I would love to see Miley, My kids love Hannah Montana! I'm glad you guys had fun. Thank you so much for having us over for dinner. We had fun. You guys are such a fun family and a great example to us. Thanks again.

Moo Moo J said...

Wow, what a fun 4th of July! Maddie would kill to see Miley Cyrus! Cute background to your blog too!

Em

Layton family said...

NO, Jeremy is the hot lawyer... Jason is the guy with the kid. I am going to call the Bachelor show and request to have him as the next Bachelor.
I heard those 4th of July tickets sold out in 15 min?