Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Matthew!!!

We had a fun-filled day on Matthew's birthday this year. The kids had a free coupon to play laser tag so we took them to do that and then Grandma treated us to snow cones afterwards at the park. His Dad bought him some new football cleats because he'll be starting football this week. He is so excited to start playing...mom's a bit nervous about the whole thing!



Matthew chose to go to the Olive Garden for dinner. No complaints from his mom--it's my favorite too!!




This is my attempt at a football cake Matthew begged me to make. He loved it so I guess that's all that matters.






Matthew has been begging for one of these Mario shirts. Looks like a pajama shirt to me:):)


Matthew became a rich man on his birthday. I think he got about $70 between his cousins, grandparents and friends. Thanks everyone for the presents!!

Thanks to Peyton and Noah for the watch and night light they gave Matthew. Now he won't have to use the dim flash light to read every night.

Mathew loves this poster that cousin Michael gave to him. He has it hanging above his bed in his room. We're so happy that Michael came down to hang out with us for the evening. The kids thing he's the greatest even though he loves to tease them:)

Uncle Eric treats us to a firework show every year on Matthew's birthday. It gives him something to look forward to every year. He thinks it's SO special! It was a fun day Matthew--Happy Birthday!!!!!




6 comments:

Diana said...

I still can't believe Matthew is 10years old! It seems like yesterday when he was born. It was fun to spoil him as a little baby. He is such a sweet boy. We are glad he had a great day.

nena said...

Happy Birthday Matthew from us!!! My kids wish they could have been there, but hope your day was as much fun as it looks in these fun pictures!!!!!!!!

Mel & Annette said...

Glad you had a happy day!

Unknown said...

Brownie is such a sweet boy. I love having him and Zach at my house. Happy Birthday Matt!

Unknown said...

The above comment is from Jarin's mom. I don't think Jarin would call any of his friends 'sweet' :).

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Happy Birthday Matt. I cant believe he is ten. I remember his first birthday. My kids are obsessed with Star Wars Legos. Have fun with that!
It's been fun to see you guys so much this past couple of weeks.