Friday, February 13, 2009

So Long for Now...

Grandpa's funeral was an emotional day for everyone, from the talks at the funeral to the Vets paying tribute to him at the graveside service. The one thing that I will remember and take from this day is the importance of family. This is the GREATEST treasure we have been given in this life!!!!!





All of Grandpa's grandsons were pallbearers.



The great-grandsons payed tribute to Grandpa by wearing their BYU hats at the graveside service. Grandpa would be so proud of his little cougars :)





Don't my kids look like there at a funeral with these pouty faces??? They're actually mad at their mom because she wouldn't let them run around at the church. (Mean Mom :)



Here's a picture of Grandpa's 17 grandchildren and below that, one with our spouses. It's very rare for us all to be together at the same time. I think these pictures will be keepsakes for sure!





1 comment:

Mel & Annette said...

I'm typing this with soggy eyes, but want to tell you how much I appreciated reading it. It was a special day, and I have felt the Spirit so strongly the last couple of weeks. It's an amazing thing! Lots and lots of love!