So I think we are gluttons for punishment in this household of ours. We had to take Ellie to the Emergency Room tonight because she ripped off a part of her finger, fingernail and a small part of the bone. She and Zach were chasing each other around the house and Ellie ran into her room and was trying to keep Zach out and got her finger caught in the door. She was screaming hysterically and the nice mom I am, I told her to calm down it wasn't that bad...until I looked at her finger. It was BAD! There was blood everywhere. So I call the doctor and they tell me I have to look at it closely to make sure all of her finger is still attached and to check out how bad the wound is and then Zach comes running in the room saying a part of her finger is laying on the floor in her bedroom. I almost passed out right then and there. (Just writing about it and replaying the whole thing in my head is making me woosey all over again.) We took her to the hospital and they were able to reattach everything and are hopeful it will all heal well. We'll be praying!!!!!! The doctor told Ellie she was the bravest 5 year old he's ever worked on in the ER. She didn't cry much at all. Hopefully this will be the end of our trips to the hospital. I've been there 4 times in this last year, Ellie twice and Gracie twice. I don't think I can handle any more. Here is a picture of her x-ray. Look at the top of her ring finger and you'll see the part that broke off.


Here's Ellie with her bunny that the nurses made from towels and gave to her for being such a brave girl. She was feeling a lot better when we got home and took this picture. I don't think the numbness has worn off yet.
10 comments:
Just looking at the x-ray makes me want to faint. I don't think I could have handled the part when Zach found part of her finger. It makes me so queasy to think about. I hope her finger heals right. It makes me glad that there are doctors out there that are able to deal with those kinds of things.
Wow...that is so crazy! I'm glad she's okay now. I hope everything goes well for the little trooper! I hope you're okay too! I would find myself traumatized from a situation like that!
Mom called and told me, that is horrible. Give her a big hug and tell her that her cousins are going to bring her a surprise tomorrow for being so brave!
Oh, my gosh! Wow! I'm so glad it wasn't more serious. What a brave girl & mom! I would have felt sick as well.
What is going on over there? You make me scared to have more kids. What a trooper. Tell her that her uncle mike lost the top of that very same finger. I can't believe it, what a crazy post. You have our sympathy
I am so sorry to hear this. How sad!!! I really hope she is okay and I think you handled your self well. I read this this morning to my kids and had a big talk about chasing each other and slaming doors. It was very efective. When I was 5 years old I was running away from my older brother and I shut a door on his finger. I felt so bad. His finger got sewn back on too. He has a scar but his finger got sewn back on it works fine now. I hope it heals well.
Wow, Elizabeth. I'm glad you're both ok. I hope all goes well!
That is INSANE!!! Pretty scary. My kids have been chasing each other around our house a lot lately. I am always scared that something like this will happen, but they never listen to me when I tell them to stop. I guess it is a good story to keep kids in line. I hope she heals well. Poor girl.
K - That is disgusting. I kind of want to throw up. I can't believe Ellie is so tough. What a brave little girl.
Oh My Gosh. That is awful. Glad everything will be okay.
Post a Comment