Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School!!!

This time of year is always sort of bitter-sweet for me. I love to see the kids get excited about starting a new year of school and cure some of that boredom that sets in but it's sad to see the summer go. It's my favorite time of year!!!!!!!

The boys started school last week. Matthew is in the 4th grade and Zach started 1st grade. Figuring out the whole eat lunch at school thing has been a challenge for him but I think he's finally got it down.


Ellie was so excited to start Kindergarten. She's had to wait a whole week since her brother's started and it has been complete torture for her. She woke up at 6:30 and got all dressed and ready to go and was disappointed some more when she couldn't leave with her brother's at 9, but had to wait until 12:30. There were a lot of kids crying when the teacher's took them into their class rooms but not Ellie, she told her dad and I, "you don't have to come in and don't pick me up, I'll come home with my brother's!" It's sad when they don't need you so much anymore!!!!



Gracie saying bye to her big sister. I think she's getting kind of bored not having any of the kids at home to play with. She asks me where they're at over and over again.

7 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

Cute pictures - Ellie looks so excited! Is Matthew really in 4th grade? I didn't think he was that old, and I didn't realize Him and Zack were 3 years apart in school, crazy!

feliscrazylife said...

Fun!! I dropped Saige off at Kindergarten this afternoon. I was excited for her in the classroom but I got in the Jeep and just started crying. My years of having babies is now officially done. My baby started Kindergarten! It was traumatic. You just wait!

Diana said...

They are all growing up too fast! I was proud that I didn't even cry. It made it easier that Petyon was excited to go and not scared. Enjoy your free time without kids!

Layton family said...

Ellie looks like a little model! Yeah, I look forward to seeing you soon!

Steve and Jen said...

Are you having fun with just one at home now? Here kindergarten is all day so Carter and I have been alone all day for going on 3 years now. I was excited for school to start last year, but this year I wasn't ready to let them go back. Your kids look great.

Mel & Annette said...

It's crazy how fast time flies by. I started my last (C.J.) in school about 18 years ago (and it seems like just a minute ago. Treasure these years... xoxox

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

They look soooo cute and BIG! Wow, where has the time gone? You guys are an adorable family.