Sunday, April 27, 2008
Sad day for Gracie!!
This week has been a really tough one for Gracie. She's been sick with a cold and a runny nose all week. She woke up this morning with a 103 degree fever and has been crying and mopey all day. Well if that wasn't enough I had just gotten her out of the bath to bring down her fever and get her ready for bed. I went outside for a minute to round up the kids and she escaped out the door behind me. In the meantime she had gotten up on the porch swing, she must have fallen off of it head first because Josh heard her screaming and ran to pick her up. She was bleeding from the mouth all over him. After trying to get her all cleaned up we noticed she was missing her front tooth. It was shoved up into her gums. We got a hold of a pediatric dentist late on a Sunday night and took her down to see him. We have to wait and see what we'll be doing to fix it or have it removed. It's so sad to look at my little 2 year old and not see her front tooth. I feel so bad for her!! She was feeling better when I snapped this picture of her. I showed it to her and she started to laugh! If anyone has any suggestions or has had this happen to their kid let me know what you did. The dentist said there are so many options and I'm not sure which one to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! I cannot believe that. I've never seen anything like it. Poor thing, you'll have to keep us posted about what you find out.
Oh poor Gracie. When I was a kid I got my two front teeth knocked out. They didn't grow back until 5th grade. She looks so cute! I finally did a little update on the old blog. Check it out.
Em
She looks cute with our without teeth. Sorry, I don't have and dental advise, though. xoxox
Poor little girl!! That's just awful losing your front tooth! My teeth hurt just thinking about it!
Oh, I have had that exact nightmare many times only mine didn't come true. What options did your dentist give you? I would like to know then maybe I can give you an opinion if you want it.
Walker fell with a toy in his mouth when he was 14mo old. It did the same thing it sounds like. We took him to the ER and the doc pulled the tooth back into place and then sent us to a peds dentist. He just kept watching it and it ended up staying in. Not fun though.
Post a Comment