Suprise, suprise we had another accident with Gracie...I'm just not sure what caused it. She had been complaining about a canker in her mouth for a long time when we'd brush her teeth but I didn't really check it out until one day (2 weeks later---I know BAD mom) she wouldn't eat a frosty. Well since this is very odd for one of my children, I asked her why she wouldn't eat it and she said because it hurt her canker. I told her to let me see this canker since she had it way too long. Well this is what I found...a cracked tooth that went right down the middle to the root. (you might have to click on the picture to see it up closer) Her root was exposed and her gums swollen. I felt SO bad!!! Come to find out, Zach said they had been messing around on the trampoline and Gracie's tooth hit his forehead. Not sure how that caused a tooth that far back in her mouth to crack...maybe she bit on a sucker after...not sure. So off to the dentist we went and they said she had to have it taken out. This is her second tooth accident in probably a year. (you could look back a years of posts to see when her front tooth went up in her gums and is now just hanging by a thread). So happy we have insurance on this kid...cause we're using it!!!

Gracie started to get nervous and uptight. Good thing she's got her Daddy to hold it together because I was just as nervous as she was.


She got so uptight that they had to put her under....hard thing for a mother to watch for sure!!!!

This is a picture of the final product. They had to put a spacer in place of where they took out her tooth so she doesn't get crowding. Sad part is, you don't lose this tooth till your about 11. Long time to have a hole in her mouth.

This is the container they gave her to keep her tooth in. Looking a little happier here.

Here's a picture of the tooth they took out. Look at the roots on that thing!!!

And who would've thought the tooth fairy would have to make a visit to my 4 year old. (my kids don't lose their teeth till about 8 years old) But she did... and came through!
6 comments:
I have a patient who if he loses hid teeth early gets
$20 . Just sayin. poor little mermaid
I have a patient who if he loses hid teeth early gets
$20 . Just sayin. poor little mermaid
Poor baby! (Well really rich baby now)
glad to see you blogging again!
What a good little trooper!! A cute trooper at that!! :)
Has it really been since July that I checked your blog, my time flies. Poor Gracies teeth. It looks like food would get stuck down in that hole.
Post a Comment