Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekend in Vegas!!!

Josh had a some time off from work this past week so we decided to escape to the warmth down south. It was beautiful weather--65 degrees. We stayed at the Circus Circus hotel which was horrible! The only thing I can compare it to would be a place most of you would not know what I was talking about. It was a place we stayed at, on one of our trips back east when I was little--a dive called "Teds Motel" in Nebraska. (my siblings would know what I was talking about:) Just remember, you get what you pay for and in this case we got exactly that! The kids didn't mind of course. They had so much fun playing with their cousins. It was nice to see my brother Landon and Nena. Thanks for showing us a good time while we were there.

The kids got to cram together in this bed. This didn't last long. Gracie kept kicking everyone and laughing so she end up between Mom and Dad in their bed. Bet you know how well I slept :) :)



We were the first ones at the MGM to see the lions so we had an excellent spot. When the trainers brought the lions out, one of them came right up to the the glass window that Gracie was standing at. The lion brushed her face right up against Gracie's face. She didn't even flinch, she laughed.





We took the kids to see the 3D movie at the M&M store.



Watching the water show at the Belagio.







The kids had fun playing the arcades at New York, New York.



Like father--like son :) :)



Me and Matthew on the arcade roller coaster.







This is what Gracie picked for her prize with the tickets the kids won. Kinda says it all about Vegas, doesn't it?



There was a circus show that we took the kids to see. They thought the clown was so funny. I hate clowns! I think they're creepy!!!!







Riding the rides at Circus Circus.











Before we came home we went to see Hoover Dam. The kids kept trying to hop up on the ledge and look over. It scared me to death. The boys thought it was cool that the movie Transformers was filmed here.



On our way home we got caught in the horrible storm that came through Sunday night. It was VERY trecherous and scary!! I am so grateful that Josh was driving and stayed so calm. I would have never made it on my own. It was white out conditions and we couldn't see more than a foot in front of us from Cedar City on. We drove about 30 miles an hour from Cedar City and it took us about 9 hours to get home from Las Vegas. Our home had never looked so good when finally made it!!!

6 comments:

nena said...

It was good to see you guys, I am sorry you had to go home to the cold:( we are supposed to get up into the 60's this weekend if you want to come back!!!!!!

Steve and Jen said...

Looks like fun. Next time you want some warmth you can come our way. If you would have stayed in your car for about 4 more hours you would have been at our house. We haven't done anything on the strip in Vegas for years.

feliscrazylife said...

Next time stay at the Stratosphere you can get a room for $30-40.00 per night and they have just redone everything. I agree Circus Circus is a dive but the kids LOVE all the free stuffed animals they win...which I bring home and throw away because I am convinced something nasty has to live in them :) Looks like fun though.

Diana said...

Looks like the kids had a great time. I'm sure Matthew and Kennedy were happy to see each other.

Layton family said...

I didn't realize there was so much to do in Vegas for kids. I do not miss those crazy snow storms. You have a great blog, seriously you are always doing something fun it seems.

Shelley Eggett said...

I'm jealous, short sleeves, no jackets that sounds so nummy right now. I need a vacation!!!

Your drive home sounds horrible, I'm glad you made it home safe.