Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!

I don't know what it is with my kids and wanting to go swimming in the middle of the winter, but that's what Ellie wanted to do for her birthday party with friends and cousins. Here they are before they got in the pool and when they were swimming. Ellie was in heaven--she missed out on the last swimming party for Zach's birthday because of stitches on her finger.







Thanks to Josh for being the trooper and getting in the pool with Gracie and to entertain all the kids. I'm a party pooper when it comes to swimming. I told him he needs to smile a little so he doesn't look so miserable in all the pictures but I don't think that's going to happen until he gets those braces off :)





I love this picture of Eli and E.J. They look so cute in their goggles.



We took the kids to get some ice cream after swimming. She got spoiled by all the great gifts she received from everyone.





I had to get a picture of Ellie with this cute necklace that her cousin E.J. and Eli gave her. It had candy, chapstick and 6 dollar bills for her turning 6 years old. I thought this was such a great idea. I know we've all struggled to come up with present ideas for other kids--not knowing what they have or don't have. Thanks for such a cute idea Elicia!



It's become a tradition that on the kids birthday they get to pick what they want mom to make them for breakfast. You could imagine how happy I was when Ellie asked for fruit loops....she could have picked anything and she chose fruit loops :) :)



Ellie got this new outfit for her birthday. Doesn't she look so cute?!?!?! My little girl is six...I can't believe how fast the time flies!



I made her this butterfly cake for her birthday. It took me all day to make it but was worth it when she got home from school and said, "Mom it is SO CUTE, thanks for making it for me."





Ellie has been asking for a Nintendo DS since Zach got one for Christmas. She had been playing with his whenever she could get the chance. We have been teasing her telling her that they are too expensive and that she probably wouldn't be getting one. So, when I was wrapping her presents I decided to disguise it in a bigger box. The picture below kind of shows her reaction when she opened the box and saw that it was a box of cereal. She honestly thought we got her cereal for her birthday. As you can see in the other pictures she was really excited when she looked inside and saw that there were some presents and that she did indeed get her DS.









Ellie with her cousin Saige and below that, more cousins singing Happy Birthday to her. We hope you had a fun couple of days celebrating your birthday Ellie. You are such a big helper to mom and dad and are very special to us. We love you and hope you had a Happy #6!!!!



7 comments:

feliscrazylife said...

Wow, that was a big event!Looks like fun. I love the pic of her and Saige, I need a nice big cousin picture with all of them now :)

Diana said...

Looks like she had a great day! Happy Birthday Ellie!!

Layton family said...

What a day! First of all, that swimming pool is full of children. ALso, you are right, good gift Elicia! Way to go on the cake. I bet you can quote me on this sometime. Jane would be too lucky if her mom ever did that for her. I am not that talented. good job

Shelley Eggett said...

You are very brave to take all of those kids swimming! How did you do it and not even get in? Was it just you and Josh or was there other adults there too? I hate swimming in the winter too. But my kids love it BLAH!! Ellie sure is a cutie, Happy Birthday Ellie

Elicia said...

You did a great job making her day special - it all looks very fun. My boys had a blast swimming and partying, thanks for including them.

Chrissy, said...

She is so cute. I didn't realize we have girls really close in age it's CC's bithday on the 28th. She had her famly party today and we had fun. They can be so much work I'm worn out! Very cute cake!

Steve and Jen said...

I wish we lived closer so we could hang out and celebrate our kids B-days together. We miss having real friends close by.